View Single Post
      08-14-2019, 06:36 AM   #12
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
About the suspension, there is the regular suspension, M-Sport suspension, and Performance suspension. The Performance suspension is an option almost nobody knows about, and I have never seen a car which actually was sold with it.
This is because it's a retrofit item, not a factory option. Interestingly, it's not in my accessories booklet of 2012 although the link claims it's available since August 2012.

The third factory suspension option is "Adaptive M Sport Suspension" ("This optional suspension is lowered by 10 mm, providing exceptional driving comfort, increased agility and precise handling. Dampers continuously react to the road surface and driving style, and this option includes Drive Performance Control with ECO PRO, Comfort, Sport and Sport+ modes." - UK brochure of April 2014). Something makes me doubt it really works as described, like on the "upper" models (Why would they lie? ), and only adjusts dampers statically, according to the driving mode chosen. Anyway it looks like the M-Sport suspension with adaptive dampers that can make it (slightly: lowering limits dives?) softer if desired.
Appreciate 0