View Single Post
      07-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #105
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 Competition, M135i (sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamund View Post
Siin, if that's the case I'd even be slightly better off giving up my deposit and going with your broker!

Pardon my ignorance, how does a broker work in these circumstances?

Cheers,

Ed
Hi Ed,

The broker arranges the car, pricing, delivery etc. The only exception would be a trade; that would usually need to be worked out separately given its largely subjective to what car you have & what condition its in... you will always get a better price as a private sale.
If you're ordering new & have a little time up your sleeves, i generally suggest to take it to a couple of yard to get a trade in price so you know the 'bottom line' - from here even if you get a few hundred more you're still better off, then couple in sharp pricing on the new car without having to rob Peter to pay Paul.
In the month or two leading up to delivery of new car, i would start advertising the new car privately for sale & work hard to get the best price...

You are welcome to sort your own finance out, use the dealer finance or I can also give a quote in need [im a finance broker so worst case is i can let you know if they're telling you the truth or not!]
Appreciate 0