capt_slow
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
So I used to shot a lot more than I do and I've just started getting back into it. Since nobody has mentioned it yet have you considered used.[/url]
I'm ok with used. We have a similar shop here called Samy's Camera and I've been browsing. It's actually the same place where I rented the 100-400.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcarDefector View Post
Be aware that they are both heavy lens in the range of 7 pounds.A tripod is recommended for for steady shots, low light and long exposures
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
If you're ok with a tripod or monopod most of the time, the weight isn't a big deal. But toting that weight around, whether you're shooting or just transporting it on vacation or whatever, can get old. Especially if you also have to tote a tripod/monopod.

I'm not trying to talk you out of the 150-600. I'm just highlighting the weight consideration.
I'm used to hauling around my camera gear and have a tripod with me most of the time. The Sigmal Sigma 150-600mm has a weight of 4.25lbs. By comparison, the Canon 100-400 weighed in at 3.61. I'm more concerned with my Manfrotto Befree tripod as it was struggling to keep still with the Canon lens installed to my 80D.