View Single Post
      06-26-2012, 03:19 AM   #7
ticamihai2003
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper S, BMW 118d sport

Thanks everyone. What I would like to say to Martin is that my MINI wasn't that modified. It only had a retrofit MINI JCW engine kit and an aftermarket exhaust. I wasn't into ECU modifications and other major stuff. My MINI was slightly under the stock JCW.

I would say the 118i is quite far away from my car because of the extra weight(I think about 200kg extra). When I had 3 passengers in my car you could immediately notice the difference, and 3 passengers is slightly under 200kg.

I think I would go with the 125i rather than the 125d because as Superspeed said, the 125i is more of a true replacement to my MINI and with the forthcoming M performance engine kit it would be even better , which is what I am looking for.

By the way: a 2010 Mercedes CL500 could only get away from me after 4'th gear...so you can realize why I loved my car so much . Plus there is no better car to drive on a twisty road.

I hope I can test drive a 1 series after all, if not in the town where I live, than maybe somewhere else.

Early reviews of the 125i are good and also better than the Mercedes A class which I was also interested in.
Appreciate 0