Thread: Forum Shift
View Single Post
      11-27-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
1ster
Large Member
Rep
Drives:

Forum Shift

It seems like I got back here after Thanksgiving and the whole tone of the place has changed.

First, people are starting to write posts as though they are text messaging one another. I don't believe forums require perfect grammar and spelling, but stupid abbreviations and lack of punctuation are grating.

Second, and more troubling, it seems like there are lots of pissing contests going on in various threads. I know I can be a curmudgeon, but a lot of what I'm seeing now is bordering on a flame war. Not good.

What it all boils down to is this: WE NEED MORE MODERATORS. We need people to not only edit and lock stupid posts, but to PM people behind the scenes and encourage them to behave appropriately.

Please, Howard, for the good of the forum, grant moderator privileges to a couple of folks. Even better, put certain people in charge of certain forums. That's how Miata.net does it and it works wonderfully. If someone is a sucky moderator you can always take away their privileges. I would start with Hugo. Several other people easily spring to mind, as well.
Appreciate 0