View Single Post
      10-06-2020, 01:58 PM   #2
p47r1ck
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 120I

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobtc View Post
So, I have a Base system F20 LCI, which I want to upgrade with an amplifier.

First problem, I have no BMW amplifier in the back, so I can't connect to the existing cable in the back, as it does not exist.

Bimmertech ships a cable which runs from the Headunit to the back, however, here comes the second problem.

I have a Android Auto/Carplay box already connected between the quadlock and my headunit, so I have no idea how having another connector connected as well, would work.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Hi!

I've got the same as you.. And been wondering, thinking, scratching my hair off to make a decision..

I suppose you have the "basic" hifi with only mid-ranges in the doors and the subwoofers beneath the seats.

Anyways, BMW offers 2 different kinds of OEM audio upgrades.

the "small" is called the Alpine upgrade Hi-Fi package, which essentially is a 400watt amplifier which is mounted up under the glove department, boosting the output of your headunit. In this set you also get 2 tweekers for each front door, and 2 mid-ranges to replace in the doors aswell.

The second "big" audio package they offer is the Harmann Kardon, which is a 1600w(i believe) amplifier which is mounted in the trunk, and if your car is not produced with this package, you will have to rewire the whole car because of the 9 speakers that the package includes. You get 2 new subwoofers, 5 tweekers, 5 mid-ranges.

If you look for an easy way to install an amplifier, the Alpine upgrade hifi is relatively cheap, easy to install, and includes some speakers, and needs a coding from a dealer or somebody whos knows how to.
Appreciate 0