View Single Post
      01-12-2021, 10:04 AM   #204
gurns
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 Dravit Grey

My life long experience, logic, reading and consultation with mechanics has guided me to change the oil in my cars in and around 5K miles. I change the oil not because of the reason that it breaks down rather because it is dirty. Tracking a car is a whole different situation when it comes to oil change philosophy and science. I followed the condition based maintenance schedule in my 330. Near the end of the warranty period the diagnostic sensors started to generate maintenance lights that were engine related issues. It’s been awhile since that time and I can’t remember exactly what those diagnostic codes were. However, I do remember carbon and oil sledge build up were found when troubleshooting the issue. Once I went back to the more frequent oil change schedule I never had those issues again with that car. Henceforth and like I did prior to the 330 I never had an engine related wear issue. Lastly, and to the point(s) mentioned by others the engine needs to be routinely exercised - it was designed and built to operate to its capacity. This is especially true in M like model cars. I try, when conditions exist, to max out the rpm’s in all the gears each time I drive the car. It’s a win-win situation if you know what I mean. ��
Appreciate 0