View Single Post
      01-30-2013, 03:01 AM   #19
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

well, as with a lot of these things it comes down to money, but this time it was a self imposed limit.. basically this year is the start of me saving for another house, so i had initially started looking at switching to a ford focus, vw golf etc..

in the end though, because i get a car payment from work that is a 'use it or lose it' style, i decided to stick with the BMW brand and just trade down a bit. my car payment is circa £350 a month after tax, and i have been spending WELL over that previously.

So, i squeezed in the bits and bobs i wanted for £360 pcm and called it a day... unfortunately that meant a smaller engine than i would have liked, but meh.. it's no big deal. The economy is just another plus point really

with various other pinches elsewhere... it's going to allow me to save ~£400 a month more than i already did

student loan is paid off in Nov... so might end up switching out to another car next year maybe? or be a good boy and just pump the student loan savings into the house fund too... we shall see!!!