01-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #7
BenN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d MSport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilo
For commuting I mostly drive comfort with my 118d. When off the highway, Belgium has a lot of long straight 70km/h roads. It's not very comfortable to try and hold those speeds when your in sport and 5th gear. For example: when in 5th gear in sport, you have to push in the throttle 10% (just a little) to drive 70km/h. In comfort you have push it in a little further to reach that speed, which is a more relaxing position for my foot.

When I have people driving along, I often use ECO pro. In those situations I don't want to show off the car's abilities, but just have a relaxing drive.

I use sport (or sometimes sport+) for those smaller roads or other situations where I want to push the car a little further.
+1

I'm pretty much the same in my 120d. I find that in Eco pro its similar in performance to my golf 2.0 140 tdi that I had before, so this is sufficient for the daily commute, it saves me more fuel also. Every now and again I open her up on my commute and choose the appropriate setting (mainly sport, will try sport+ once my summer tyres are on and I'm not fighting for traction as much). One thing that I haven't tried is what the economy is like in comfort to eco pro on my commute, I keep meaning to see, as if its no different ill just leave it in comfort I guess. I also agree its a pain keep switching modes, I wish it's stay where I left it when I get back in; but I understand why they don't do that anyone else compared Eco to comfort for economy? There's defo a difference in how the car performs??!!
Appreciate 0