Avian
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2020 F44 BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by altaaf999 View Post
-My question to you is how far off was the BMW website Track My Ordered Vehicle with regards to the date they said your car will arrive compared to the date the car actually arrived? I think they adjust the dates on the website as the process goes along. initially they were saying 28th Jan now a week after my production has ended they quoting a 22nd Jan delivery date. how far off were ur initial dates?? my b'day in Jan the 2nd so im praying, by some miracle....! you are right in my case there is a BUT... also, perhaps in SA more ppl order new cars for the new year so there might be a bigger backlog with logistics and shipping ... but im just praying for the best U NEVER KNOW!! **
The BMW website website was accurate up to the point where it shows the production complete.

Then from there the date of the VDC, Price Month and Delivery Week stayed basically the same maybe changed once or twice while my BMW was on the ship but I was tracking the ship the whole time so I knew exactly where my vehicle was and what its ETA was (Not via the BMW website).

Once the ship docked the VDC and Price Month date changed a few more times but was out by max a week until it was actually complete, then the dates where 100% accurate.

The waiting part is really cr@p but it actually helped when I could follow the ship and find out exactly where it was...

Your best bet is to ask your sales consultant to put your vehicle on "Priority"/"First priority" one of those my sales consultant asked me if I wanted, which speeds up the process probably by a week or two, I didn't take this option as I already knew I was only going to take delivery of my BMW late November. But for you it will be an option to take.
Appreciate 0