View Single Post
      10-14-2019, 01:11 PM   #1
p47r1ck
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 120I

Tuning the B48 Engine!?

Hi guys!

This is my first post in here, so bear with me.

So - I've got a brand new 2019 BMW 120i with the B48 engine.. Really nice car, and it ran decent and pretty fast. But after 5000km mark, i wanted more.

So i used a scandinavian tuning company called BSR tuning for the tuning software - they delivered 284hp only from the computer. I was really impressed. They even give you a 2 year warranty on the engine, everything except the clutch. Which is kinda a warning in my head.

Furthermore i fitted the M140i M-Performance exhaust, plus the KN oem replacement air filter intake, and tomorrow i'm fitting the FTP Chargepipe V2 to replace the OEM plastic ones, so it hopefully can last longer and be more safe.

My question(one of a few) is - do any of you guys know if the gearbox and clutch can handle so much power? The gear changes from 0-40mph can be kinda rough. I'm kinda hoping someone says its the same clutch and gearbox which is in the m140

And does anyone know how much you can push the B48 engine, and the whole car for that matter, until it becomes unreliable in form of the engine maybe breaking? It's only got 9000km....

And can it really be that there is no upgrade intercooler system for the B48?
I've scouted the internet for weeks and can only find a Wagner Tuning Radiator that is kinda plug'n'play for the B48.

Any experiences at all with tuning and/or using upgrade/tuning parts for the B48?

Hope you'll welcome me! And thanks for your time.

//patrick
Appreciate 0