View Single Post
      05-15-2012, 04:28 AM   #4
iBeech
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D F11 2015

Garage List
Sales people are indeed sales people- and a good one could sell a written off car as a 'winner' for a track day.

Generally, deep knowledge about a subject isnt what gets you sales- its knowing how to sell something. And sometimes making white lies- like 'it'll be here in 6 weeks' and 'yea, i'm sure it does that'

My dealer couldn't answer half the questions i had about the car-he didnt really know anything about the iDrive system, and admitted that he hadn't even figured out how to turn on his voice sat nav in his new F30. He also told me it would be here in 6 weeks, which was wrong.

At the end of the day, BMWs sell themselves- all they need to do is convince those of us who aren't sure about buying, to buy.

Retrofits / aftersales doesnt make them that much money- because during the MW, you'll probably more than likely take it to that dealer to get it services.

It's business i'm afraid. And while i will say that my sale rep isn't fantastic on the knowledge, he was great with the figures, and very knowledgable when it came to getting the personal plate off my part-ex and onto the new car in optimal time; and he does at least email me back, most of the time.

Things could have been better- and i havent even taken delivery yet
Appreciate 0