10-03-2021, 06:20 PM   #4
savi01
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
I know people with smaller income than me affording these cars, it's always a matter of priority...if you want to work basically only for the car no problem.
Exactly. It's about priorities.

I had been saving up for a house and my wedding for the past couple of years, a new car was nowhere on my radar. Wedding didn't happen, got dumped a few weeks before it. Priorities shifted and I decided to get a new car to put my mind elsewhere and have something to look forward to and play around with. Had I gone forward with the wedding and house, I probably wouldn't be able to comfortably afford the car.

I also know of people making half of what I make, but driving more expensive cars. Those cars are their priorities and other aspects of their life aren't as luxurious.

But there are so many factors that go into something like this, it's not as clear cut as saying "If I make X, I can afford Y". Location (CoL), kids, debts (student loans!), priorities, investments, etc. etc. all affect how much someone can/is willing to spend on anything in life.