View Single Post
      01-17-2020, 01:49 PM   #1
french.f20
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 (116D) - 2012

[BIMMERCODE] PDC Button activation

Hi everyone !

Sorry in advance for my bad English, I'll try to si my best but it isn't my first language.
Sorry in advance to, if the subject isn't at the good place : I'm new.

So !

I have a BMW F20 from 2012 (116D) equipped with REAR PDC. So as everyone should know, only rear PDC doesn't came with turn ON/OFF button inside the car.
If I engage the rear shift, it turn on, then it turn off only if I shutdown the engine.

Problem : It often happens that I park, and I stay without turning off the engine, so the "beep, beep" keep beeping and it's boring.

I saw on a forum, that a owner of a 2 series have the same configuration, and the same problem : and he bought a OEM piece (the one with turn ON/OFF Button), uninstall the old one, and replacing by the new one. And it worked well ! Just plug and play, without front PDC.

I managed to do the same, so I bought the same OEM piece. I plug it, but it doesn't work. What is strange is that when I'm in reverse, the green led turn ON, to indicate that PDC is on, but clicking on the button doesn't turn it off.

I've already saw people with the same problem as me, but no answer.
I want to add that the piece is electronically the same. The motherboard of it is the same, same number of pins, and all pins are cabled, So I suppose that the problem is software.

I hope that lines to code in "Expert Mode" but don't know at all.
If anyone know how to do it, It will be wonderful.

THANK you in advance !
Appreciate 0