United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
One of my best friends hit #30 this past weekend. His strategy? Just chat to girls in real life about anything. His favorite spot are coffee shops where he will study or do some personal work then strike up conversation. He will date girls for several weeks then dip when he gets bored.

He hasn't done Tinder or any apps in over 3 years.
I see your signature says you are from the NW and the Midwest. Wondering which of those locations your friend is from? I can see his technique being a goldmine in the midwest and failing miserably in the NW. Around here (Seattle) people are generally the most unfriendly and closed off of anywhere I have lived or visited. No one will look you in the eye. Any coffee shop you enter is a sea of people with headphones on, watching their electronic devices, shutting out the whole world. People legitimately give you the look of death if you even talk to them and say "hello." I grew up in Seattle and never knew any different. It wasnt until I started traveling extensively for work that I realized something was off. I still remember this chick striking up a conversation with me while in the TSA line at the airport. She was very friendly and pretty and my immediate gut reaction was to think "F*uck off, why are you talking to me? I'm in a hurry, no one likes the security line, I'm irritated, and you're chatting me up about nothing?" She said she was headed home to Chicago. I retold the story to a friend who grew up in the Chicago area and that's when he enlightened me that Seattle is pretty much F'd." I never knew!

So anyway, curious if your buddy who cleans up with the women in coffee shops by just chatting and being real is from Chicago or the NW.
This would be the case in New England as well. Women are extremely difficult to approach here.

On a related note one of my friends is having lots of interesting matches on Tinder. Literally 4/5 of his matches are with poly women. I didn't realize this was so popular. One of their profiles says "in a happy long term relationship with 4 other amazing guys but open to more". I was like dude RUN from that one. She wasn't even super attractive or anything.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 2
DETRoadster11462.50
King Rudi13154.00