View Single Post
      08-23-2019, 12:04 PM   #149
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
This is why car forums are the worst place to get any perspective on how a car brand is actually doing. Automotive forums are mostly comprised of brand fans emotionally attached to the past. The Subaru forums have been complaining to this day "No hatch, no sale for me!" with the current generation of sedan only WRX/STI. If you polled NASIOC you would swear the current sedan only WRX/STI is a massive failure despite the reality that this current sedan only generation has sold more than any other generation of WRX/STI by a considerable margin.
Agree forums are not a good measure of success. Besides the 'laments' for the past, come on a forum to judge 'reliability' and you wouldn't touch any brand/marque with a bargepole.

I get the desire for a more raw experience, the love of classic designs, the nostalgic feelings. But being realistic, we are in a different place than a few years past. It has been mentioned that manufacturers are under legislative constraints, emissions, safety, etc. Then there are the user demands, they have changed over time as well.

Read a few user reviews, (even on this forum) and users will comment more about such things as Carplay and how it is integrated, than the driving dynamics. Says it all, doesn't it.
Appreciate 5
clee1982797.50
heavyD^23688.50
530iDriver1707.50
GenXer1374.00