View Single Post
      03-04-2020, 01:03 PM   #6015
Colodano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I was in Alabama. Went there to meet with a vendor who got me tickets to Talladega. I was in the elevator in the hotel and as the door was closing, a black maid was approaching the elevator. I stopped the doors from closing to let her on. Holy shit! You would think I committed murder the way the other occupants of the elevator reacted. I was appalled. What in the f$ck? Are people really so racist? It really pisses me off. I don’t care if you are purple. I treat every single person I come in contact with the way I want to be treated. I leave it to the specific individual how I treat them in return. I don’t predetermine how I treat someone based on their skin color. It really irks me. Your ethnicity is irrelevant to how I treat you. Im color blind. I talk to everyone and am courteous to everyone. I have had several encounters where I have started conversations with POC say in line at stores and have gotten eye rolls or been told “Don’t talk to me you white bitch”. WTF?
The Talladega incident could also be attributed to the servant mentality as well, and the POC just making it even worse. A few years ago I went to a friends wedding in Alabama, and as the evening wore on, I chatted up the bar staff to get some extra drinks flowing (yes it worked well). Later I was talking to some of the grooms family, and mentioned that one of the servers was pretty amusing. Was met with horrified stares and "why are you talking to the help?". This was a white person as well, but evidently they should not have been talked to simply since they were being paid to provide service?
Appreciate 2