View Single Post
      04-11-2017, 01:37 PM   #12
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgboost View Post
+1 for BMW PNP. It searches many of the reputable dealers for OEM parts. Remember, the dealer with the lowest part that you're searching for may not have the lowest price for a different part.

The PNP does not factor in shipping, so the shipping costs can affect the final costs. If you're just ordering one part, it's best to check one or two other dealers with the second lowest price with shipping to see if it's lower.

If you are ordering different parts, once you've identified a handful of prices from the various dealers, you'll need to build your cart and factor in shipping/sales tax to see which dealer would offer the lowest price.
just curious, after running pnp, where have you generally been buying your parts? I find myself often buying from Huskerparts. They tend to be marginally cheaper than BMW of Fairfax for large quantity/priced items. (this taking into consideration shipping).

I've only bought from getbmwparts when they have a special promo for a packaged deal (usually oil kits) and only b/c shipping was discounted. But oil is sold and advertised everywhere, so every dealer has to be competitive on pricing for oil. But these days, I often don't buy full oil change kits b/c I always have extra bottles left from larger orders and a few years ago, I ordered 5+ filters to complete an order to get free shipping.

Also, recently I bought a complete brake replacement set from huskerparts for my E70 X5. It was hands down the cheapest for me after doing comparisons for about half hour (the shopping cart method).
Appreciate 0