10-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
dape90
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 F20 118i M-Sport

DTS Tuned F20 118i

Hi All,

Just a short post on the DTS tuning box.

This topic (of tuning boxes) has been covered so many times hence the short post.

I fitted a DTS unit a month ago and I am very satisfied indeed. Please don't think for a second that this is like 'night and day' performance changes. I mean I used to have a 325D 2010 model and when I had this remapped it went from 201BHP to 287BHP and that was very noticeable indeed.

So in brief I can tell you that this solution works very well. The turbo seems to spin up faster and pull from low down in the rev range. And when the car passes 4000RPM there is a really strong pull. The details state 200BHP plus from this unit and running on Shell Nitro (v-power) I can say it feels like it to.

Basically the car is quicker in every way and I would be surprised if it is not sub 7 second to 60 now. Having had a little blat against a 125i recently and the guy could not get away and out the corners I was getting the torque down much sooner. And it pulls to 3 figures like it never has before.

As I said its not a massive gain on power (40BHP if your lucky) but it does make a difference.

I just wish I had fitted this before my trip to the Nurburgring earlier this year.

This product won't save you fuel as you will want to enjoy the swell of Torque each time you twitch your right foot. And it has turn my 118i into a much better drivers car.

This is the how the car should be!

D
Appreciate 0