02-25-2014, 12:30 PM   #51
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer_kidd View Post
Similar experience with mine, I picked mine up shortly after you. More difficult to fly than I thought. Glad I didn't drop money on an expensive rig before giving this a shot. Need to practice more to get a hang of this.

And you're right...my dog goes crazy. She tries to grab it when I crash land.
Something tells me that a larger, GPS stabilized version would be somewhat easier to fly. Especially with a different radio where you can set up your rates of input. My dog actually grabbed it on Sunday and now one of the motors isn't working correctly. Amazon prime to the rescue, new motor was just delivered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
It certainly is a practice thing. The more that you fly them, the easier that everything becomes. The biggest thing is actually getting used to what direction is forward at all times, though that comes with time as well.

My buddy and I both have 550s and a few Phantoms and we tried to get some interesting angles of us shooting the other day. Unfortunately, due to stupidity, none of the GoPros that were "recording" actually had a memory card in them. So much for that idea... The tannerite shot would have been pretty cool from about 20 feet away too...
Until this past weekend i hadn't taken it out side. After i did, i'm much more confident with it. Was having issues landing on counter tops at first, now i'm landing on iPads and flying under coffee tables.

I wonder if all my instinct will be gone for fixed wing flight??