Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
You have a point about the design cues. But wth are you talking about with evos,sti's, etc? The have ONE exhaust for ONE turbo which connects to ONE downpipe. We must be misunderstanding eachother or someone doesn't know thier imports. A twin turbo 4banger would need 1 turbo for 2 cylinders Who would do that? And yes, the best and easiest way to route the exhaust for a 335i would be TWO straight pipes straight back. It only joins on a 335i bacause of the muffler. And the 1er because of the size.
Some clarification then:

It would seem that if they can make the I6 twin-turbo'd parallel that it would be possible to do with a 4 banger...1 smaller turbo per 2 cylinders. Would they do it? I don't know.....nobody thought they would do turbo's either...let alone twin-turbo charged. Anyway we both know looking at the above pics we cannot tell if there are two pipes running from the exhaust manifold/turbos back....all we can see are 2 tail pipes, no way to know if there is a Y-pipe in there....all I am saying is that it is STILL possibly a turbo-charged 4 banger. The reference to the EVo(the Evo X has dual pipes), STI(has quad pipes), MR2(has dual pipes) is that you can have a 4 banger with dual/quad pipes OEM.(I am referencing the parts you can see out of the rear of the car...not the actual exhaust system)

BTW "duals" in my other post is referencing the exhaust pipes and not the turbo's. I think that BMW will do turbocharging on a 4banger...i do not know if they will come up with a twinturbo application or go for a fast spooling single turbo.
Appreciate 0