United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel_Hunden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
My assessment of the final season:

The best episode was the war against the undead episode. Had some great elements to it!

The burning of Kings Landing was kind of lame. Cerci's death was lame. The Cleagan bowl was pretty good.

The season finale was slow, kind of lame, but good overall.
Agree, Cersi's death was anti-climactic and unfulfilling. I was expecting something on the level of Arya killing Walder Frey. Didn't necessarily have to be Arya, but with all the evil Cersi did, the fans deserved better.

The biggest and most important plot in the series really is Jon Snow being a Targaryen. The only thing this storyline gave to the show was Sansa and Varys wanting him to rule instead of Dany, which resulted in distrust and deceit. This revelation was so much more important than that. But in the end, it really didn't matter.

Dany going "mad queen" at the last minute? Don't buy it given her character for 7 seasons.

Bran was useless and being the 3 eyed raven provided nothing to the show, especially in season 8. And then we have Bran the Broken? For fucks sake. This isn't the Vikings. When Jaime lost his hand, he wasn't called Jaime the Handless.

Speaking of Jaime, he told Brienne that he never really cared about the innocents. Really? He told her the one thing he never told anyone else - that he killed the mad king because he was going to use dragon fire to burn king's landing and kill thousands of innocent people. Jaime stopped that. He also stopped Brienne from being raped and lost a hand for it, as well as leaving Cersi under the threat of death to fight for the living when he went to winterfell. Yes, he was a dick when he pushed Bran out of the window in season 1, but his character arc was a path of redemption for so many seasons and then all of a sudden he goes 180 degrees the other way?

And we've been told for 7 seasons that the long night is coming and it will be the worst in 1000 years - and it only lasted on night, one battle.

Just seems like there was no effort put into this.
Pretty much hit the nail on the head here. So many characters making last minute personality changes and numerous seemingly important storylines are glossed over and meaningless in the end.

I too was disappointed in the whole battle of the living/dead. While I enjoyed the episode it was literally just that, one episode. Ever since the opening scene of the pilot episode they have been building to the war between the living and the dead and then it's just over quickly in an hour. Plus of course the whole Bram/night king relationship not being explained whatsoever.
Appreciate 1