08-15-2019, 04:34 PM   #67
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigr View Post
Depends, what model are we talking about?

XE, goes for 46L to 53L INR, about 64.5K to 75K USD

Lesser if discounts are to be filtered in, but I'm talking base price + road tax.
so it really is one of those... " I could have had a V8" moments... by that I mean... for the same money... they COULD have gotten him a (base) Jag..

My parents promised and purchased a car for me when I graduated college. I did NOT get to make the final choice but fortunately I did make my concerns heard. I nearly got a Chevy Lumina Automatic (which I probably would have pushed into a river) .... but at least managed to get my parents to limit the options to Honda, Acura , Nissan - anything but an American car make. I ended up with a Honda Accord Coupe DX base model with 5MT (thank god no automatic!) and it didn't even have a passenger side mirror or a stereo. I would have LOVED a Honda CRX SI.... there was on the lot for LESS than the Accord... but my mom said.. " that little tiny car ? " Sorry. no.. so I got a generic car. I had waited for the new car until I graduated ... and I was also nearly 22.... and did not have a car in high school while all my friends did, so it was quite crushing to not receive something I wanted.....

I was definitely called an ungrateful child by my mother... but she didn't realize.. # because CAR GUY

However.... I kept the Accord for about 3.5 years (they made payments.. didn't buy it outright) and sold it and got an E30 M3.....

If I had it to do over again... I would have just gotten a beater in High school and paid for it with my own money - rather than wait til 22 for a new car.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 08-15-2019 at 04:47 PM..
Appreciate 0