Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
I grew up with convertibles, my parents always had one and I guess that stuck with me because there's been no time since I've had my license that I have not had one as a fun toy or as a daily driver.

If I can't put the top down, I seal it shut and let the climate control do its job. BUT when the top goes down I want every bit of air and turbulence swirling around, I've tried using the wind deflectors a few times but missed all the air.

Lately, it seems like 95% of the top-down drivers I see have all of their windows rolled up, like they are driving a car with a huge sunroof.

I get that if you're in a city where you want some barrier of protection between you and the crazy people (I usually leave my top up in cities though), or if you're some pearled-up-old-rich-lady who doesn't want to mess your hair, but am trying to figure out why people would want a convertible but not want to experience the the full effect of top down driving.

What gives, window-up/top down convertible people? I'd love to hear why people drive that way.
80% of the time, I have all my windows down. Sometimes I do the windows up thing, though, and here are the reasons:

1) When it is super hot, like over 90*. I still want the top down, but having the windows up makes the A/C work far better and keep me cool.

2) If my wife forgot to put her hair up, having the windows down and the top down causes her hair to blow all into her face. Having the windows up is a compromise to still keep the top down.

3) If going highways speeds. Speeds over 70mph or so and it just gets too loud and windy, so if I am gonna be on the highway for a short period, I will roll them up and then drop them back down when I am off the highway.

Just some reasons...
wrickem2101.00