04-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #27
BenN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d MSport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by krugerjq View Post
How do you find your lighting at night? Is the same or better with the upgraded bulbs.

I changed my wifes car's bulbs also. Osram Nightbreaker + but don't realy see much difference. You can see that the light looks whiter than before, that is if you stand in front of the car.

The Mtec DRL looks very nice. Still waiting for the sidelights.

I do alot of driving down unlit country roads here in the UK, and i found the Osram Nightbreaker + Gold Edition (abit brighter than the standard + so they say) work wonders. I really struggled to pick out the road at times pre-upgrade, but with the upgrade everything is alot clearer. I didn't get as much throw as i'd have hoped for, yet it was an improvement. As Ovekvam says, the whiter light does pick out the reflections strips alot better, so signs and road markings are alot more vivid, the road is abit brighter but you would get better results with a yellower light (wouldnt look as cool tho imo) - the upgraded bulbs changes the car's appearance too, looks alot sportier IMO.

I think BMW are aware as to how poor the OEM bulbs are, as they are quick to sell you one of their performance bulb kits for almost double/triple the price, but these wont be any different to those mentioned in this thread.
Appreciate 0