kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
Out of curiosity, why do you need 2 buttons for the drive recorder?
Boring story but since you asked --

The general thought process with drive recorder is that I need to instinctively get it right if I need it suddenly, and I'm probably 99% primarily focused on what's going on on the road when I'd need it.

I started with '8' on one car. Then assigned '1' on one of the cars to make it even easier to remember. Eventually left it to both 1 and 8 on both (?) cars - it's definitely both on the M4; can't remember now if it's only 8 on the X5.

I'll probably just go with '1' on both cars in time, with 8 getting reassigned to something else.

In any case, the one time I really needed it (someone nearly T-boned me blowing through a stop sign), the damn thing started with the initialization process as though I'd never done it instead of being ready to record. Very disappointing.

I've Blackvues in both cars for front and rear that I rely on primarily. Hopefully I'll never need to trigger the driver recorder manually of additional footage.