View Single Post
      05-18-2018, 09:22 AM   #10
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Regarding having a medical issue, why would it be present only when driving BMWs? I've driven other cars for 10 years now(Fords, Mitsubishi, Citroen, Toyotas) and never had this problem. I'll still follow the advice though and go see a doctor.
BMWs are demanding. Aren't BMWs acknowledged for their ergonomics, driver-orientation? For me it was one of the reasons to choose. You just have to comply. Say, the lumbar support optional feature. I had to consider it closely due to exceeding my budget too badly. Having put myself in a 7 Series that had it made me instantly feel even worse with my severe swayback issue at that time. I chose to skip it. Now that I've improved a lot I see it differently. Not that much to retrofit but to target definitely next time.

Those other cars mostly let you sit like shit in a toilet if you like to. And if you do - just choose appropriately, of course.

From your description you might have an issue pulling your foot up/back to release the floor-mounted accelerator pedal. Are you a high-heeling lady incidentally? Can you do like this (mind the extreme bending forward: this must be compensated with bending backward appropriately to keep your flexibility in balance!)? Here is an article you might find useful.

Last edited by No one; 05-18-2018 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: Added an explanatory link on high heels just in case.
Appreciate 0