STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by westphone View Post
Friends I have this question.

I do not understand why are oil temperature and water temperature not displayed in our F20 1 series cars. In the old days when I was driving a truck I was told to slow down several kilometer before the destination so either the turbo or the oil would cool (or both).

Some friends would always ask and worry if they should put a fan to cool their modified Impreza after a spirited driving session.

However, either the truck or the Impreza have oil and water temperature gauges, so the driver would know how they're doing. Not in our cars, I do not understand why. I believe they are just as relevant as ever.

My dealership told me to just drive it, race it, or get stuck in traffic anyway I like, and stop worrying so much. I learn nothing but a huge question mark in the face.

Sincerely thanks for replies in advance,

Charles
the 1 series does not have enough space in the instrument cluster to include temp gauges.

.. assume your car runs hot. it IS running hot. you can remove your plastic engine cover + insulation underneath and use a good quality 5w40 oil like liqui moly to help combat temps. always drive conservatively before parking or at least crank the heater up for a couple minutes so the electric water pump isnt circulating boiling hot coolant when the engine is shut off.
Appreciate 0