10-22-2021, 05:37 PM   #11792
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
You're in a 90's mood eh?
I'm just old enough to say that this is when rock / rap reached its pinnacle of greatness, from there it plateaued / declined, with the occasional blip of talent here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Pure gangsta
Yup, and once Uncle Wede dies off, I'll be the only regularly participating OG in here too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I came to get down, I came to get down.
Joe get out your pew and jump around.

Hey, I ain't no Pentecostal man, I'm Baptist. No rolling around on the floor and speaking in tongues for me! But I like it. I like it a lot.

On a side note, a story that I think I shared here already, but in case I haven't, I actually happen to really like "Jump Around" by House of Pain. And it just so happened my cousin was getting married and he and his wife sent this electronic wedding invite / registry thing out where you would indicate if you were coming and that sort of thing.

One of the subsections of this electronic invite was a poll / vote for what song they should pick for their first dance together - there was something like 50 songs on this proposed list, BUT, House of Pain - Jump around was SOMEHOW on there.

Yours truly of course submitted his vote for Jump Around. And then, as I saved all my information, I thought, ah, let's just refresh to make sure my vote registered.

It did. But yours truly ALSO found that I could vote again, having refreshed the browser. I proceeded to do this about 60 times, each time registering a vote for House of Pain - Jump Around.

Turns out no one else took nearly as keen an interest as me in selecting the song they should dance to, and they dutifully danced to House of Pain. But because it is a really weird first dance song, they did this mash up of a bunch of songs to basically make it more cohesive.

Was killing myself at the table watching this unfold. To this day they still do not know the part I played in their wedding.
Appreciate 5
Sedan_Clan24980.50
King Rudi13154.00
///d1819.00
Dang3r12508.50