Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
I did look down because of what I said: you are closing yourself to real encounters while trying to find the same online, where people would mostly be looking for a quick way to get laid.

Car forums are not made for dating or making friends, so the fact that friends and spouses meet at Car forums illustrate exactly what I was trying to say.

But again, I see how these apps serve as ice breakers to chatting with real people and ultimately making friends. It's still sad they have to exist in the first place.

I'm also an introvert. Don't confuse shyness with introversion.

When I was around 12-13 I couldn't even talk to anyone I didn't know (like asking for directions on the street).

Today I have no problem engaging with other people to chat. Not shy anymore (most of the time), still an introvert.
You can get cured from shyness, introversion is just part of who we are.
easiest way to overcome approach anxiety is thinking "what can go wrong" - that helped me greatly.
what if's will fly if you dont approach, just like rejection is better than regret because if youre rejected you know the outcome, with regret you fantasize about the things that could've happened.

many people i know from school are great on tinder game but actually suck in face to face conversations and even approaching others. what induced me to overcome that was me realizing (sorry if it sounds terrible but it works) "someone has to be banging those hotties". so why cant/shouldnt it be me? i'd at least be willing to give that a shot even though attraction cant be negotiated etc hope that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
What????
you and me both - i think he's mentioning tara's date??
Appreciate 1
________4158.50