09-14-2018, 04:05 PM   #9
Estoril Blue 116d
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: The blur Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
I actually meant the sensors might happen disconnected or "misinterpreted" as if the rear end were dropped while it's not.

Another possible failure might be in the headlights themselves but it looks unlikely as they do move you say: "part-cycle" movement might be all right (limited by the sensors data) while the high beam (you didn't mention) should be still appropriately higher than the low (while not as high as in "no load" position, obviously).

This is called Xenon headlights. They also have "regular" turn indicator lights you did not mention. (Completely?) LED ones come on LCI. (It's ovekvam who's had both. On different cars though. )
Thx mate, yeah maybe the sensors misread the level the car is in, and the mechanism (the arms) could be allright. If I follow your logic it would make sense that the rear sensor is fubar.. I'll check both front and rear physically during the weekend and then do a diagnostic next week when I'll get the car remapped. Simply perform a full error scan and see what comes up.
The headlights themselves seems ok. I did some night time driving tonite and the light output is strong, the full beam is really powerful and totally white but as you mentioned the light pattern is way off in hi beam mode. It's also too low (like the low beam) and kind of all over the place.
Yeah I have the LED DRL / Xenon low/High beam headlights... and yes regular turn signals.
Appreciate 0