01-10-2015, 11:34 AM   #17
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeron View Post
Thanks for your answer ovekvam. I haven't done anything yet, I'm about to fit a cold air intake. Do you think it could help to cool down more effectively?
A cold air intake is not cooling the engine, only the air going into it. It will perhaps maintain the power better when the engine compartment gets too warm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeron View Post
Fact is; i want to keep my Car as long as i can, like, for more then 6-7 years. I'm afraid this whole thing could harm the engine when i push it to the limit. Is it possible to adjust to power?
Seems like one guy here on the forum has different power for the different drive modes. Full power in Sport mode, medium power in Comfort mode, and close to stock power in Eco Pro.

And you do of course have the throttle pedal to adjust the power yourself. I did some testing some years ago to measure the power graph at part throttle. I did this by partly blocking the pedal travel with a plastic cube!

I would recommend keeping an eye at the oil temperature when driving hard with a tuned engine. It is accessible by the OBD2-plug to your mobile phone. You can also find it in a hidden menu on the dashboard.
Appreciate 0