View Single Post
      10-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
Bsaint
BsaintMedia.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Collection of German

Arrow My H2Oi 2012 Video .... worth the watch

Well since this is kind of off topic, figured I'd share it here.

As some know H2O International is one of my favorite shows all season and I look forward to it year after year. Well after a recent move to Florida over 1,000 miles away I didn't know if I would make it this year. But thankfully after some last minute planning 4 days before the show, I booked my flight, packed some light film gear and was on my way. I flew into BWI airport at midnight Saturday morning, rented a car and set off with my wife to Ocean City, MD. It didn't really hit me that I was going to H2Oi until I saw cop lights in my rear view mirror and was pulled over. As I got my license and rental car information together I laughed to myself and said "Yup I'm here". After only getting a tongue lashing and a written warning I pulled into OC at 4 am and promptly passed out.

I eagerly woke up 4 and a half hours later made a quick coffee run and hit the strip. I was greeted by every European model around and after only 10:00am the strip was packed. There were more cars then I had ever seen before. And not just VW's and Audi’s slammed BMW's, NSX's, Lamborghini's, Porsches and even a Ferrari or two. Was this the same H2Oi I had been coming to for 6 years?

I decided to reserve judgment until the actual "show" on Sunday. I was skeptical after yet once another venue change for 2012. Last year I wasn't so lucky and had to wait over 2 hours in traffic to go 2 miles. This year I made sure I got up early. September 30th, 8:30 am, to my surprise not a cloud in sight. An H2Oi without rain?! Something’s not right. I knew I couldn't waste precious lighting so I made my way over to the camp grounds. I was pleasantly surprised by the new spot; it seemed as if a car show was planted in the wilderness. Cars parked neatly under trees, sunlight fighting its way through the branches, I had to get my camera out.

So how did it turn out? I'll let you decide, enjoy my video coverage of H2Oi 2012.

youtube (watch in HD)

Vimeo (for Mobile)

Comments, Likes, Shares, and Subscriptions are always appreciated, thanks everyone!

- Steve N