View Single Post
      11-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #55
sonicbimmer19
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 and F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
For the past and current 1 series models, this is true.

Because there will be different sized models as mentioned. So, the Urbanic 3/5 door models will compete with the A1 3/5 door models, while the standard 3/5 door 1 series hatchbacks (what we have today, though future versions will be based on the UKL platform and be FWD) will be in the same segment as the A3 3/5 door hatchbacks.

The 2 Series will be coupe/convertible, so there is no equivalent Audi really. You could count the TT, but the back seat in the coupe is less functional than what the 2 will offer, and the roadster does not have a back seat at all obviously.

Although you could also say that, loosely, the 2 Series GC will compete with the A3 sedan, I suppose. However, the future 1 Series sedan is probably the more natural comparison.
Ah, ok thanks for the clarification. I didn't know 1 series is going to have Urbanic AND "standard" hatch.
So 2 series (kind of) and "standard" 1 series hatch 3/5 doors will still compete with A3.
Urbanic 1 series will compete with A1.
I guess BMW did not want 0 series? haha

I think market wise, TT IS competitor to 2 series more than Z4. Kind of like how we compete against Mercedes CL AND SL with 6 series coupe/convertible/gran coupe in the executive coupe/convertible market segment.
Appreciate 0