View Single Post
      01-10-2024, 03:38 PM   #1
NiKRuLeZ
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 series

Question BMW Android Head Unit Questions

Hey all

I'm looking to upgrade my OEM head unit with a potential Android based head unit. Just to clarify, I'm specifically looking at a head unit with Android installed directly on it ... so not a MMI unit.

Few crucial questions I wanted to ask:

1) Sound - After doing some research online, it seems like the most common way to connect the head unit to the car speakers is via AUX or if the car doesn't have this then it's USB located in the armrest compartment. Is there any other way to connect the audio that comes out from the head unit to the car speakers? I'd prefer not to have the armrest USB port to be used for this. So in other words, can the head unit (connection from the rear or where the connection ports are located) be used to plug in the audio somehow to the car speakers?

2) What's peoples thoughts about using the GPS splitter to leverage the cars GPS as opposed to the GPS antenna provided along with the head unit. Does it work just as well or is the dedicated antenna better?

3) Does anyone know if the 4G antenna that usually comes along with the head unit also contain the wifi too?

TIA!

Nik
Appreciate 0