View Single Post
      07-26-2016, 11:15 AM   #169
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
His reference to a shareholder's perspective is cloudy at the current time since BMW stock peaked in March of 2015 and fell as much as ~45% into earlier this year and has only slightly rebounded since and is currently trading at the level it was at 4+ years ago.
I think he means it in a broader view. compare todays bmw AG to what bmw AG was is the 80's or 90's or early 00's.
It makes/sells about twice the amount of cars today as it did at the end of the 90's.
He basically says they're selling out on the name they've earned, not the name they're earning today. Only the future will tell if that's a good strategy.
They're pleasing the shareholders. The only thing you can do as a consumer is look for a car/brand that may suit your needs more.
BMW used to be king of the track with their M models but those days are gone. For far less money you can have an equally matched 4 seater for sporty performance. Ipod and facebook integration might be less advanced though but you can keep 20k in your pocket.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0