View Single Post
      07-26-2016, 04:39 AM   #157
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89mustaine View Post
Does this not seem like a nightmare? No wonder they are more expensive as the cost of producing so many models must me momentous, is it possible that the quality is suffering? It does seem like they're just not as solid as they used to be. My 112k E60 feels more planted than its brand new equivalent and the materials inside certainly feel sub par.
What I observe, it is not simply the model range, but specification and option 'choice' which makes buying much more confusion. Good in some ways, but does mean some actual examples leave a lot to be desired.

Take your comment on the E60, compared to I assume an F10? Your comment is honest, but a bit broad brush, what model vs. what model? I've a bit of experience where I know specification and options make so much difference. I have tried E60 models where I was not impressed at all and F10 models which I'm sure would leave you with the opposite opinion.

Even comparing models from the same range is bad enough, I believe many users don't get what they really want (or expect), simply due to specifying it poorly for their needs.

As an example we can't even get a consensus as to whether VSS is a good or bad steering system, even if it is clearly the 'sport' option.
Appreciate 0