First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
So how many of the folks pumping this car up in this thread have bought one?
Car costs the same as a Golf R.
Should sell exactly 0 units if folks are thinking…
I considered a Golf R in 2019. Needed a hatch and something that would be an all year car anyone in the family could use.

I walked away from the last MY Golf R feeling like the interior was really cheap, overuse of hard plastics and the dealer experience was awful at every dealership I visited. I drove two of them, both were brand new and had squeaky clutches & interior rattles. Went with a 2019 Mazda 3 hatch; best bang for your buck and a much more handsome car vs the Golf R, even better than the GR & CTR. Different leagues in terms of performance but utility for us was the same. In fact if Mazda were making a performance hatch option I'd wait on the GR purchase, that's how impressed I am w/ Mazda quality and overall purchase & ownership experience.

Back to the new Golf R, which I think is way overpriced, FUGLY, overly complicated & something I'm def not considering if a CTR or GR C are options. For what it's worth these are proper Japanese sports cars, built in Japan and that matters to some people.
Appreciate 3
________4158.50
Cos270608.50