View Single Post
      01-15-2023, 02:14 PM   #81
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I have a Golf R arriving this month, but I’d take a GRolla over it if I could get one for sticker.

GR Corolla has optional mechanical front and rear lsd, the Golf R does not utilize mechanical LSD’s. The GR has fixed calipers front and rear, the Golf R has sliding calipers front and rear. The GR can send up to 70% of power to the rear, the Golf R is limited to 50%.

Stock for stock, the Corolla will be faster at most tracks. The biggest advantage to the Golf over the Corolla is tuning. I’ll just run a stage one tune, but that’s good for 460/460 at the wheels, numbers the GR can’t touch, even on E85. I’ll need a better intercooler and clutch, but from experience with tuned GTIs, it should be dead reliable.

But discounting the GRolla is silly, at $37k, it’s a much better deal than a GTI and the Circuit is a pretty great deal. The Morizo is questionable, but should probably hold its value.
Sorry, are you saying your Golf will gain 145 HP with a stage 1 tune on a highly tuned 4 cylinder 2l? You kinda lost me there…

I’m not familiar with US prices but in Canada they’re the same price and I discussed equipment and build quality above.
Appreciate 0