View Single Post
      08-12-2022, 02:46 PM   #51
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I'm ashamed to say I never thought of gifts for milestones. I will discuss with my brother. That being said, we have very low turnover. People come and stay. I have many 10, 20, even 30 year employees.

I/we treat people the way I want to be treated. In my life before being a business owner, I had shitty bosses and good ones.

We give out anniversary awards - framed certificates- during our employee appreciation events. We do this every summer. It varies, but is normally a BBQ, or catered event during work hours. One year we had a dunk tank, that was fun. We Roast certain players and also give out silly awards. We do holidays parties every year. Everyone is reviewed and gets raises annually. We buy everyone lunch once a month, give employees gifts for life events ( marriage, child birth) and I personally give holiday gifts to those employees I deal with directly. Based on the year's earnings, we come up with $X to be bonused to those that don't have formal bonus programs. Just last week we gave everyone an extra paycheck as we had a good end to Q2 and wanted to share now as most could use it.

During the holidays we choose a few different gifts for employees and customers and give employees a choice of which they prefer.

It's very humbling to have employees coming into my office crying and thanking me for the extra money, gifts, appreciation or just the job in general.
I don't think you should be ashamed at all!! It sounds like you go over and above throughout the year and make note of special occasions to celebrate. That to me is more important. Great job!
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15761.00
vreihen1615268.00
Dang3r12512.00