shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Pop is #1! And he did it in something like 200 less games than Nelly.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ba-wins-record
Don Nelson is a quitter in my eyes as he gave up on my Knicks but can you really blame him for that? Regardless, Pop is a far superior coach over Nelson and I’ll even include Lenny Wilkins too.
Even beyond that I truly think Pop is the legend of all coaches. He's done far more with far less in a tiny market and small payroll. And the mofo did it his way for how long? Players love him, there's no racy rumors about him, no toe fetishes, no college girls on his lap while his wife is at home with the kids, no racial underlinings and all this through over 30 years in the league, 25-26 altogether I believe with the Spurs.

The man hasn't missed the playoffs but two years with the Spurs. Some time way back in 96 and last year. That's it. So basically, he hasn't had a losing record longer than some of us on these forums have been alive.

Strong cases could be made for Jackson, Riley, Red - with the other best coaches but never won a ring crowd - Nelson, Wilkins, Sloan and I'm sure there's a few more but yeah. Jackson and Riley coached what teams again and who were on their squads? Not saying their championships are discredited just Pop did it better, longer, and more importantly, he did it his way. Plus he's got 5.

We do owe Nelson for the current NBA though. He's the creator of "small-ball" that we see today. It's why they refer to it as "Nellie-ball" which I think is pretty neat, lol.
Appreciate 0