PrimeBMW
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Quite the opposite.
No one can afford to stand still and growth is more important than relying on standing still in established segments and markets.
BMW is not market centric we are global company which caters to the global market.

As I have said numerous times before there is a strategy and the Active Tourer concept confirms this strategy that both MINI and BMW can co-exist in the compact segment, The Active Tourer is possibly not coming to the US because it will not be shown at this weeks LA Autoshow.
BMW have today confirmed that a LWB Active Tourer is considered for the Chinese market since the 5er Li and the latest 3er Li which is outselling Audi's A4L by a considerable margin.

In the auto industry you have to have the ability to identify the trends in the market and where the markets are heading and then plan your strategy accordingly. Today the markets are favouring compact cars , SUV in all sizes and status and crossovers. This is what manufacturers have to work to - what is important to the customer and what is important to the demands of the market.

A recent report regarding the European crisis failed to include BMW's strong european demand for the MINI models, 1er , X1 , 3er , 3er Touring ,X3 and 5er models.

Specific markets cater for more luxury for example so BMW are looking at further options.
Take as an example (but not the only example) BMW's largest market China. They have just anounced another increase, a significant increase over last year that our China projections have now been altered with a new three year plan for increased luxury models.

Also I was recently in India where BMW are also experiencing rapid growth as is Brazil . These markets will demand smaller concepts and the FWD family is the perfect model for continuous growth.

BMW is a different kind of car company we do not think like the others we express our values differently. BMW's main competitor is Mercedes-Benz who also express their values differently.
We stress that individuality in every car and that is why we are number 1.

There is serious interest (which can be registered on the main site about the Active Tourer concept) which so far has many enquiries.
The car was well received by both public and the media and the finished model is not much different, 90% of the concept is in the production car.

The Active Tourer showed the beginning of BMW's journey.
Having seen the first cars that are incoming against competitors and even its MINI sibling. The designers and engineers have fulfilled the brief. Not only do they stand out in appearance but the engineers sought to make the best handling FWD cars , those who have driven the cars claim the next MINI and BMW's Urbanic city car outdrive and outsteer the equivalent Audi A1.

Everybody has an opinion and are allowed to express that opinion.
Nevertheless , I hope you enjoy your Caddy , Audi etc.
Scott,

I can see what BMW is doing......they got bit buying up other manufactures in the past and prefer to do most of it in house. It is smart and builds the Brand. Now we all hope they will produce a few hard core sports cars. Maybe it would be a M2, maybe the M3 coupe will be lighter more powerful than the M3 sedan, maybe a M8/10 or all three.

Not all is lost on the M2 having an inline 4 cylinder turbo.
BTW Scott. How much HP did the 4 cylinder BMW F1 car have? I would take half of that in the M2.
Appreciate 0