09-30-2014, 01:14 AM   #101
oeron
Enlisted Member
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW (F20) 118i M 2013

Arrow Upgrade list of my car

Hello to everyone,

I'm driving a F20 118i for about one year. It has already a couple of extras like M paket, Xenon, etc.

First thing i've done was to upgrade to Alpine System. The standart sound system was not acceptalbe, i don't understand BMW, not when they give you such a s*it Anyway, Alpine retrofit kit comes with 2 mid range speakers, 2 tweeters and an amplifier. I've changed the underseat woofers also, with larger ones. They did some coding stuff which i don't undertand that much, but they said that they've programmed coding for Hifi sound system. The result was enough to make me smile, loud and clear. I love to listen to music and loud of course. For those who wasted the opportunity to get Harman Kardon system and are loocking for an economic way of upgrading i definitely would advise it

But then i decided to retrofit the NBT Navigation system with touchpad, which has been installed 2 weeks ago. That system makes a difference in the car, the way it loocks, with the increasing options it provides, with its touchpad (which isn't a must for me honestly), and the way it SOUNDSSS After installing NBT system the sound became miles miles better, now it's crystal clear. My friend has got Harman Kardon system in his 3 series, that system is a monster with 16 speakers and is so loud that you become scared. My car has only 8 speakers and i'm not trying to say that it is as loud as Harman Kardon, but at the same volume it is as good. When i turn on max, no tone becomes unstable, no matter low or high volume sound is always stable, clear and punchy. Harman Kardon is a reference for me in this cathegorie, but Alpine system with NBT digital output is a good and satisfying alternative. I'm more then happy

I installed cruise control for my car for long road trips, which is essential i think. But now i've ordered the new M steering wheel coz of the paddle shifters, in this case i could have save the money for cruise control

I've spend plenty of money so my wallet needs to rest for a while But once it has recovered i'll go for power tuning and a new exhaust, when the time comes i'll appreciate every kind of help.
Appreciate 0