View Single Post
      12-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Can be such good companion as a second car to my 1M! Hmmm, Estoril Blue, 5 door, 8 speed auto, sunroof, EDC, (things that I couldn't and maybe shouldn't have with the 1M) and if I am gonna take it some country with real winters maybe xdrive as well. Just a big happy family picture. Wife can use it with kids all around and when I get the wheel I wouldn't loose much fun to the M Coupe, sweet dreaming, in fact I am really getting there to make this happen

If anyone wonders (like me) what would 1M do among them;

according to,
fastest laps.com: 12.8
zero to sixty.com: 12.8
Auto Bild: 12.84 (detailed comparison test with E92 M3 Competition Pack with DCT, M3 did 12.7, they chose 1M at the end though!)
and Inside Line of Edmunds: 12.9

To be fair; slowest reviews were from Autocar and French Moniteur Automobile which both recorded 13.3. Sport Auto Supertest did not include data on this discipline. I am not even counting a drag race video between 1M and RS3 since they managed to get 13.6 from RS3 and 13.9 from 1M, quality speaks there!

Put stock size PSS on 1M like I and many others did already, and you could shave at least .2 or more from those numbers since it particularly and hugely improves the launch and acceleration at first 2 gears. A pro in a good day can try a 12.5.

By the way, I don't think it was a fair comparison with other cars, they are not at the same league with M135i. For instance, Golf was not even a R.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 12-15-2012 at 04:04 PM..
Appreciate 0