View Single Post
      12-02-2021, 01:05 PM   #2
peppinelloxx
Rep
Drives: x1 f48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye View Post
I've seen countless youtube videos and facebook posts of people breaking their mirrors while trying to install or replace their indicators, and since replacing the mirror glass at the dealership in my country would cost me (including labor) around 450USD, finding an alternative way was a must.

Anyways, here's the guide:

First I reccomend watching a few youtube videos on how it's done just to get a better idea on the whole process.

Second, make sure you have / buy a T10 screwdriver that is thin and preferably has a magnetic tip. You can find them for dirt cheap on Aliexpress.

This is the one I used:

Next, you need to remove two screws, the middle bottom one and the outer one next to it.

I recommend starting with the outer one. To do that, center the mirror then tilt it fully to the inside (you may need to adjust it up and down a bit before tilting to the inside). Now use your phone's flashlight to locate the screw and unscrew it. Unscrew it till just before it falls out but dont let it fall out (It'll make life much easier later on). Take it easy when unscrewing as you don't want to strip the screw.

Here are a few pictures:

The next step is the middle screw. Center the mirror and raise it up as far as it'll go. Find the screw and uncscrew just like before.

Pictures:

With both the screws unscrewed you can easily move the outer bottom plastic trim of the mirror. Pull it out a bit and then replace the indicator and put everything back together. After you screw the screws back in use your flashlight and make sure they're fully in as they can feel fully in but in actuality there's still some more screwing to do.

And that's it, you're done. No stress, no struggles and no broken mirrors.
very good job
Appreciate 0