12-25-2015, 07:55 PM   #74
MParallel
Mr. OEM
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: '98 E36 M3 AW/Black 1 of 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaben View Post
I meant the shifter knob looked like it was from a manual but the base looked like SMG. I've not seen these before. I really like that engine. I'd be the envy of all e36's around where I'm from with it.
I see. That funny though as it doesn't look like any e36 manual knob. Matter of fact, BMW -unfortunetely- didn't design a special SMG gearknob, like for the E46 and later. It's identical to e39/e38 automatic knob, the only unique element is the alu part instead of wood.
I wished it was lit like the manual M knobs.

Love the engine as well. Always been my dream car. It's just as tame around town as my 328i, but much nicer sound and throttle response. Of course when you floor it, it jusr flies off.

I don't know if it's the mechanical lifters, but there is a very mechanical sound going on. It simply feels special driving it.

I think it's also visually one of the nicer M engines with those exposed velocity stacks as well as the double vanos unit.

'1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiß III auf Schwarz • Deutschland-ausführung • 1 von 12 • SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL •

Appreciate 0