vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
Glasgow:

In the latest news updates I hear that in Belgium (say Europe) only zero emission vehicles will be allowed as from 2027. For 2nd hand cars, this rule starts as from 2029. This implies that customers buying TODAY probably best choose a BEV when they would ever want to sell their vehicle in the future. The economical value of a non BEV will drop to zero very fast the coming few years.

When this law is amended the coming weeks or months, I wonder how fast the investments in ICE/PHEV will be cut.
I am not sure about Europe but at least in US, governments are known for unrealistic targets and when the target date approaches they would roll numbers back. I can understand 2027 target for new vehicles but 2029 for used vehicles is really aggressive. To adapt this change, basic infrastructure (charging) has to be updated and i am not sure if the whole of Europe is ready for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
To me that was the most important part of the interview. It looks like BMW unlike Mercedes has some balls and is not backing down on ice. Maybe cooler heads will prevail in the next few years and we can stop this nonsense towards going all EV.
+1

I was not expecting ICE to be an option to any next gen M vehicles. Hope we see these kinda statements from other manufacturers as well.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50