02-22-2014, 04:36 PM   #36
SteveC
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
But are the brakes better? The M135i seems to have the same M-Sport brakes that you can order on the 116d. I think the 116d M-Sport will match the cornering speed of the M135i as well, at least if you use the same tyres. Slightly softer suspension, but also lower weight. The straightline performance is of course unique for the M135i.

The standard M135i parts are pretty good, but not top shelf parts. You can upgrade the brakes further by going for the Performance Brakes. I guess they held back a little bit since it is not a 1M.
With respect, I think we all recognize that its not a full-on M car, missing an M-diff, some horsepower, some special suspension parts and some lightweight body panels. But nor is it a standard 1 Series, rather its somewhere in the middle...with engine, suspension, steering etc. all tweaked by the MotorSport Division engineers to give a package of performance and handling that bears comparison with the Porsche CaymanS and A45 AMG.

There's no doubt that it can be faster and better handling yet, but not at the price point BMW defined for the M135i.
Appreciate 0