02-20-2014, 05:47 AM   #29
F20MAW73
440i Gran Coupe, Auto
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
I agree with the performance part but really can't say the handling bit stands true with me. I have a 125d as my own car and drive an M135i and as of this week a 116d pool car at work for attending client meetings.

Some days I will jump between the 3 covering a couple hundred miles a day. The M135i has adaptive suspenders the other 2 are the garden variety. All 3 of the cars come unstuck at still legal speeds on twisty uneven roads when pushed but the 116d actually feels the most stable as it's harder to get it to that speed. With, I guess less instability being caused by traction issues and weight shifting via acceleration.

There is slightly less roll in the M135i but it's definitely not a different league. I think money spent on handling in the M135i would be money very well spent.
I tend to agree with you... when I test drove the M135i a couple of months ago pushing reasonably hard round some nice twisty roads B roads I felt no real difference to my 125i with regard to handling This was in sport mode.

I've been on plenty of spirited drives on these types of roads in my 125i only to look into my mirrors and see someone keeping up with me reasonably well in say a standard family hatchback. This of course doesn't mean the other car is just as quick or handling just as well. Its more down to the level you can really push on road conditions without wrapping it round a tree.

Straight line speed is another matter.

Last edited by F20MAW73; 02-21-2014 at 02:18 AM..
Appreciate 0