11-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #53
advantage20
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Add all 9875641636 FWD models to the RWD 1ers (except for the GT) then 1er badge is too crowded for normal people to tell the difference.
Exactly
It will be easy for BMW to market 1er hatch, 1er sedan (and 1er Touring if it will exist) as these will probably share the same front and not need any specific designation on the trunk.

But add to that the new 'specific' models: 1er mini-van (Active Sports Tourer), 1er break/van (F.A.S.T), 1er City Urbanic... Wait, I'm sure I'm forgetting a few

If they stick to including all this bunch of models into the 1er range, it makes sense but they will then definitely have to not only clearly associate each of these 'specific' models to their respective designation on the configurator, press releases, commercials... but also clearly badge the vehicles themselves. Or people will just get nuts seeing for example the 114i badge on the trunk of potentially a dozen different rear ends!

So if for instance the stock Concept Active Tourer will keep this designation and be badged as "1 Series Active Tourer", then if we take a 114i I think it should have the 114i badge on the rear side of the trunk and the Active Tourer badge not on the left side (like the 5er GT) but also on the right side, immediately next to the series/engine designation, so that the model is immediately identified:

The left-side of the trunk may then be used for the xDrive badge on the concerned models.

The same reasoning would apply to the other 'specific' models of the 1er range: 1er City Urbanic, 1er F.A.S.T (which I guess will be labeled as 1er GT)...

Last edited by advantage20; 11-28-2012 at 12:16 PM..
Appreciate 0